Here is the link to Mary Meeker’s, KPCB (Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers), Internet Trend report 2017
It gives a great view on what’s happening with Internet adoption, cloud, smartphones, ads, e-commerce, gaming, enterprise health, China, India and startups.
- Cloud wars continue
Amazon Web Services continues to lead, Google and Microsoft Azure are gaining some ground
- Google and Facebook own the digital ad market
- Voice is beginning to replace typing in online queries. 20% of mobile queries were made via voice in 2016
- Slowing smartphone and Internet penetration growth
Everybody who needs a smartphone has one
The Internet’s center of gravity shifts to Asia
- Almost everyone who wants or needs a smartphone now has one.
- Healthcare industry is in a cycle of innovation, wearables contributing to the rise of consumer health data / data is at the core of healthcare innovation
- Online retail sales increased by 15% from 2015 to 2016 in the US / e-commerce is getting bigger worldwide
- YouTube is losing mobile video market share, because Facebook and Snap’s vertical-video content grows
- eSports is becoming popular enough to challenge traditional sports